Job Opening: Haddonfield Quarter Coordinator/SouthJerseyQuaker Project
This position combines the role of coordinator for Haddonfield Quarterly Meeting and administrator (director) for the SouthJerseyQuakers (SJQ) outreach project. Responsibilities include planning quarterly meetings held the last Sunday in February, April, June and October; increasing the visibility of Friends through the SouthJerseyQuakers project; implementing a variety of program activities for both groups; and supervising the Quarter’s Youth Coordinator and the three SJQ Quarter Organizers. Experience in program planning, monitoring and evaluation; fundraising; and nonprofit administration required, as well as familiarity with Quaker process. Working as an independent contractor, the coordinator’s compensation will be based on 25-35 hours per month at a rate of $35 per hour. Interested parties should submit a letter of interest and resume highlighting relevant skills and experience by June 1 to Connie Beetle, firstname.lastname@example.org, 352 Larch Street, Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054. Phone: 856-273-8208.
The Haddonfield Quarter Coordinator supports the work of the Quarter’s Long Range Vision Committee and the Steering Committee of the SouthJerseyQuakers project, focusing on the following tasks:
- Plan Quarterly meeting programs held on the last Sunday in February, April, June and October.
- Increase the visibility of Friends and our local activities, including leadership for the SouthJerseyQuakers project.
- Donor relations.
- Supervise the Quarter’s Youth Coordinator and three SJQ Quarter Organizers.
- Promote networking and relationship building within the Quarter, including activities to address timely or ongoing concerns.
The coordinator will prepare and review quarterly work plans for the Quarter and SJQ, and report back on activities, hours, etc. The coordinator will submit periodic and annual reports for both the LRV (February) and SJQ (April-May) projects.
Applications should reflect knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Program planning, monitoring, and evaluation
- Event planning
- Financial management
- Supervision of staff.
- Writing proposals, newsletter copy, donor reports, etc.
- Commitment to Friends’ processes and values - especially in the areas of equality and inclusion, sustainability and peace.
Estimated time: 25-35 hours per month, balanced between busy and slower months.
Compensation: $35 per hour. Requests for reimbursement for mileage/tolls may be submitted for long-distance trips.