HADDONFIELD QUARTERLY MEETING
Religious Society of Friends (Quakers)
Job Description: Youth Coordinator
Summary: The Youth Coordinator’s responsibilities include networking with parents, children, and key contacts in seven monthly meetings and – in conjunction with a committee - helping to plan and conduct inter-generational and youth activities. The coordinator will be hired as an independent contractor for up to 25 hours per month, and supervised by the Quarter coordinator.
Background: In recent years, Haddonfield Quarterly Meeting has been working to increase the participation of children and young families in Quarterly meeting activities and within our seven Monthly Meetings, located between Camden and Atlantic City Area, NJ. This includes opportunities for families to come together at the Quarterly level to broaden their sense of community and provide programs and services not available at local meetings. (See: www.pym.org/meetings/quarterly-meetings-a-z/ )
- In conjunction with the Quarterly Steering Committee (LRV), organize and run the children’s program during Quarterly meetings (4 times a year) and activities for elementary and middle school students throughout the year.
- Develop personal relationships with parents and children, by staying in regular communication to explore, plan, and promote activities.
- Work closely with contacts in the seven meetings who are regularly engaging with parents and children. We want to bring these contacts together periodically to share what they are doing, “lessons learned” and suggestions/feedback re Quarterly activities.
- Experience working with parents and children, including planning and implementing children-friendly and inter-generational activities.
- Able to visit seven monthly meetings and other locations on Saturdays and Sundays between 9 AM and 4 PM.
- Available to communicate with meeting contacts throughout the week based on parties’ availability, and attend monthly committee meetings.
- Excellent skills in interpersonal relations, oral and written communications, and participation on social media platforms.
- Strong time-management skills, including prioritizing and completing multiple tasks.
- Experience working in a Quaker-based setting is desirable but not necessary.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
About the position: The coordinator will be hired as an independent contractor for up to 25 hours per month, and supervised by the Quarter Coordinator. Compensation will be $15-20 per hour, up to 25 hours per month. A small budget is available to cover program costs.