Burlington Quarter Organizer
SouthJerseyQuakers.org is a communications and outreach project jointly sponsored by Salem, Haddonfield, and Burlington Quarters. We are seeking a Quarter Organizer to work with monthly meetings in Burlington Quarter to raise the visibility of Friends, and contribute to a larger and stronger community of Friends in South Jersey.
Quarter Organizer Responsibilities:
Summary: Work with contacts in monthly meetings to review and, where needed, improve outreach and welcoming processes. Recruit and provide training (when needed) so meetings share information and support the SJQ website project.
- Communicate regularly with meeting and committee leaders regarding their participation in various aspects of this project.
- With meeting leaders, create and implement a common process for tracking the number of visitors and new attenders.
- Recruit volunteers to support various initiatives that strengthen the website platform and content. (Such as: public relations, research, writing, oral history interviews, photography and graphic arts, fundraising, and evaluation.)
- As requested, provide or arrange for training in areas such as community outreach, digital platforms, and membership development.
- Promote increased awareness of activities by Friends in other meetings and Quarters, and promote intervisitation (via Zoom or in person).
- Contribute content to the website and newsletter.
- Submit periodic reports. Help to document, evaluate and enhance the project.
Requirements:The successful candidate will have proven skills in several of the following areas:
- Quaker beliefs, processes, and history
- Membership development, including welcoming and integrating new visitors
- Digital platforms including WordPress, Facebook, Instagram etc.
- Public relations, community outreach
- Community building, including welcoming youth and people from diverse backgrounds
- Strong writing and communication skills
Staff should also:
- Have access to a cell phone, computer, and reliable transportation.
- Make a commitment to this project through June 30, 2022.
- Plan to work as part of a team, including learning or deepening skills together and sharing lessons learned.
- Support an environment that especially welcomes youth and people from diverse backgrounds
- The quarter organizer will work out of their home/personal office, as an independent contractor.
- Compensation is $30 per hour, with approximately 10 hours per month.
This is a joint appointment, to be approved by the clerk of the Quarter and/or the Burlington Quarter representatives to the Steering Committee, plus the project administrator for this project.
Supervision: The organizer will be supervised by the project administrator.