Salem Friends Meeting
200 E Broadway, Salem, NJ 08079
The Society of Friends has no formal creed. However, for more than 300 years, Friends have honored the central belief that there is in each person the spark of the Divine, “that of God in everyone.” Out of our individual religious convictions and leadings come our practices of religious tolerance, opposition to war and the manner of conducting of our personal lives and business affairs with simplicity, sincerity, and equality. Friends feel that:
- Love, the outworking of the Divine Spirit, is the most potent influence that can be applied in human affairs.
- Equality, the Divine spark resides in every individual and each expresses that divinity uniquely.
- Integrity is being true to one’s beliefs in the striving for unity and integrity of inner and outer life.
- Peace is a positive concern towards taking away the causes of all wars and a commitment to non-violence in resolving all manners of conflict.
- Simplicity is a commitment to live simply, respect our environment, and share so that others may live.
- 9:30AM to 10:30AM First Day School discussion group.
- 10:45AM to 11:30AM Youth First Day School (starts in Meeting for Worship).
- 10:30AM to 11:30AM Meeting for worship.